We are currently hiring for the positions below.
To apply for this position e-mail a resume of your background and qualifications to: email@example.com
Engineer I – R&D Device Fabrication Engineer (Goleta, CA)
Next Energy Technologies (NEXT) is looking for an Engineer for R&D device fabrication and development. We are seeking highly motivated applicants who pride themselves on outstanding work. NEXT is a startup developing game-changing semi-transparent photovoltaic windows. Successful applicants can expect exceptional opportunities and an exciting work environment where passion, teamwork, and results are core values.
||Santa Barbara, CA
|Basic Job Functions:
||The primary job tasks are based on the fabrication, characterization, and/or testing of solar cells and materials in an R&D environment. With ample room for advancement, training, and professional development available.
- Weighing materials and solution preparation.
- Cleaning and preparing substrates.
- Thin film and electrode deposition via solution and evaporative methods.
- Device fabrication utilizing scientific method for continuous improvement.
- Optical and electrical measurements of thin films and devices.
- Assist in material and device development.
- Operating and maintaining equipment (spin coaters, glove boxes, pumps).
- General laboratory duties, including maintaining inventory of lab supplies.
- Capturing, handling, transferring data and reporting experimental result.
- Assist in the design and making of test fixtures.
- Provide support to R&D engineers and scientists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with computer programming a plus (Excel, Python, C, LabView).
- Experience with organic electronics and thin film coating desired.
- Experience with optical and electrical characterization methods a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask, work well and safely without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate, detailed, and organized laboratory notebook.
- Experience in SMU & MUX communication and making test fixtures a plus.
- Ability to work with very small components.
- Ability to use hand tools for fabrication and laboratory maintenance.
- Must interface successfully with engineers and personnel of other disciplines.
||NEXT offers competitive salary and benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Next Energy Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.